Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First day of blog 7/7/09 - "Farm Fun"

Well - I do not know what I am doing but everyone says that I should create a blog so here it goes.

I am a 40 year old woman who farms with my sister. We took over our family farm last year and revamped the whole thing. We sometimes have no idea what we are doing - but we try.

Today we picked all morning - zucchini, cucumbers, blueberries, peaches, cherry tomatoes. I wish we have a few farm workers - maybe some day we can afford farm workers.

Any way we decided to take a barrel of water out to the string bean patch. There we are the two of us and a 55 gallon drum of water on the wagon - now who lifts it off ?
Nancy, the brighter of the two of us, decides to get another barrel and pour this one into that one- she will get on the wagon. I should hold the bottom one. You know where this is going- right down my shorts - she spilled it over down my shirt, shorts and into my boots. Our jack ass thought it was funny - he brayed over it for several minutes . Now that I am dry - I will return to work...........Until next time..............One wet farm girl


No comments:

Post a Comment